Police have confirmed that all the suspected armed robbers who allegedly shot dead businessman Joseph Mutangadura last year have been brought to book.
This follows a shootout incident in Gweru involving armed robbery suspects on the evening of March 19, which resulted in the deaths of two robbers.

In a statement, police said the shooting incident occurred in Gweru on March 19, and referred to press statements issued in October 2025 regarding the arrest of suspects in connection with murder and robbery cases that occurred at Mutangadura’s hideout in Ruwa, Harare, on August 17 last year.

“The Zimbabwe Republic Police confirm the arrest of two other suspects, Solomon Wisdom Tariro (28) and Samuel Munyunguma (55), in connection with the case and subsequent death of Valentine Mutasa (34) following a shootout with the police in Gweru on March 19.

“This follows a tip-off received by detectives from CID Homicide regarding the whereabouts of the suspects.
“Acting on the information received, the detectives tracked the suspects to a service station in Claremount, Gweru.
“The suspects opened fire upon being confronted by police, leading to a shootout.
“The other suspect, Obedience Mutasa, managed to escape.
“Subsequently, Solomon Tariro and Valentine Mutasa were injured and were referred to hospital, where Valentine Mutasa was pronounced dead upon admission.
“Police recovered a 9mm Canik pistol with two live rounds and an Ekol 9mm blank pistol with two blank cartridges.
“The public should take note that all the suspects in the murder of Joseph Mutangadura have all been accounted for by the police,” said national police spokesperson Commissioner Paul Nyathi.
Meanwhile, Samuel Munyunguma is clearing two-armed robbery cases that occurred in Zvishavane and Mberengwa.
Investigations by the Police established that the recovered Canik firearm was stolen in Mberengwa in September 2025.
The Zimbabwe Republic Police commend members of the public for providing valuable information that led to the arrest of the suspects.
Members of the public are urged to continue supplying information on criminal activities to the Police through the National Complaints Desk on telephone number (0242) 703631, WhatsApp on 0712 800 197, or at any nearest Police Station.
As of late December 2025, eight suspects had been arrested in connection with the murder of Zimbabwean businessman Mutangadura, who was shot and killed during a robbery at his Ruwa farm on August 17, 2025.
The suspects are linked to a gang of armed robbers, and police recovered the firearm used to kill him, which was also linked to a police officer’s murder.
Known suspects arrested in the case include:
- Quincy Bernard Ndlovhu
- Tarisai Terence Tetena (7th suspect, arrested in November)
- Webster Nhau (51)
- Tariro Mutsamanye (34)
- Dexter Mugaro (31)
- Given Mandizadza
- Ephraim Alphas (37)
- Phillip Mutasa (38)


